Except, you know, harder.
- Everything is dirty all the time.
Everything. All the time.
2. You’re involved in lots of physical challenges
Excuse me, how do people get a 25-pound toddler into shoes he doesn’t want to wear?!
3. There are days you definitely want to vote people off the island
If you tell me the dinner that I slaved over for two hours because you requested it is yucky one more time, I’m snuffing your torch, kid.
4. Someone’s always naked
Where did your diaper go? And how did you take it off in the first place?!
5. When you get hungry and tired, you snap at those closest to you
Either I hate everyone in this house, or I need a hamburger. Not sure.
6. But then you apologize, because you really do love them
Love you. Mean it.
7. There are no secrets in your house
Oh my gosh, kid, did you really just tell the cashier how much I weigh?
8. You keep trying, even though some days you get absolutely nowhere
It took me literally two months to think to move the granola bars to a higher cabinet in the kitchen. Two months of the baby dumping them all onto the floor five times a day.
I have two master’s degrees. That’s how tired having kids makes you.
9. Your life is full of so much dirt that you barely notice it anymore
Ah, it’s only nineteen pounds of beach sand. It’ll sweep up.
10. Jeff Probst is right – it truly is the adventure of a lifetime
Hold on to your hats, friends. It’s gonna be one heckuva ride.