Is your significant other a nerd? Are you a nerd?
My husband and I basically compete every day for the title of Our Home’s Biggest Nerd. Usually he wins. Sometimes, I do.
- When all they want on this earth is the library The Beast gifted to Belle
2. When they nerd out on an area you’re not nerd-conversant in
You can talk all you want about Schleiermacher, hon. I’m still not going to know what you’re going on about.
3. When they are fluent in languages you don’t know
Please don’t speak Latin to me before 9am. Or, you know, ever.
4. When their favorite physicist/chemist/inventor/theologian/entrepreneur is speaking nearby and you surprise them with tickets
Most couples go to see the new Marvel movie, but not you.
5. When they get a new book in the mail
Yeah, you’re not going to see them for a few days. Enjoy not having to listen to them speak Latin at you.
6. When a thinker they love puts up a new blog post
Tell me more, oh wise ones.
7. When they get to attend a conference that specializes in their chosen brand of nerddom
Oh my word, they are not the only one who think this stuff is fascinating…
8. When you keep losing arguments because they are logic ninjas
You know what? Never mind. I’m right, but you’re exhausting.
9. When your spouse catches someone using Comic Sans font.
Usually anger of that level is reserved for typos in peer-reviewed journal articles.
10. When you realize you’ve married someone even nerdier than you
I don’t believe it! I get to be the cool kid!
Are you a nerd? Me too.
Are you married to a nerd? Tell me more!
One thought on “10 Signs You Might Have Married a Nerd”
This is the best.
LikeLiked by 1 person